The spotlight is set to shine on the nation’s top prospects this season, and it’s time to get a behind-the-scenes look at some special talents before they play on the big stage.
On Tuesday, FloSports and Slam Media Inc., the new owner and publisher of SLAM, announced a partnership to promote elite high school players in a series of videos and features during the 2017-18 season.
Featured players include:
● Cole Anthony — Archbishop Malloy, NY — guard, ranked No. 4 in the Flo40 Class of 2019, 20.4 ppg in 2016-17 season, uncommitted
● Moses Brown — Archbishop Malloy, NY — center, ranked No. 11 in the Flo40 Class of 2018, 20.3 ppg in 2016-17, uncommitted
● Jordan McCabe — Kaukauna, WI — guard, Class of 2018, 25.1 ppg in 2016-17, committed to West Virginia
● Simi Shittu — Vermont Academy, VT — forward, ranked No. 9 in the Flo40 Class of 2018, 22.3 ppg in 2016-17, committed to Vanderbilt
● Scottie Lewis — Ranney School, NJ — guard, ranked No. 8 in the Flo40 Class of 2019, 16.3 ppg in 2016-17, uncommitted
● Bryan Antoine — Ranney School, NJ — guard, ranked No. 11 in the Flo40 Class of 2019, 20.5 ppg in 2016-17, uncommitted
Anthony, the son of former NBA guard Greg Anthony, as well as Brown and McCabe will be competing for their respective teams at the City of Palms Classic, which will air live on FloHoops.com Dec. 18-23. Fans can watch Shittu, Lewis, and Antoine play live on FloHoops.com during the Spalding Hoophall Classic from Jan. 11-15, 2018.
“We partnered with SLAM to continue to make top-notch content for hoops,” FloSports co-founder and CEO Martin Floreani said. “These profiles will elevate our live events and showcase how these players are changing the game.”
SLAM Media Inc. founder and CEO Dennis Page said: “We are excited to work with FloSports as one of our first partnerships since the purchase of SLAM earlier this year. SLAM has been the No. 1 media outlet for all things hoops since we started in 1994, and as we continue to elevate our video content to the next level, there is no better company to get down with than FloSports, as they lead the charge in streaming basketball and highlighting the next generation of superstars.”
Get ready. The show begins soon.
FloSports, the innovator in live digital sports and original content, partners with event rights holders and governing bodies to unlock a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is growing the sports, the events, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Basketball, MMA, Football, Wrestling, Track, Gymnastics, and more.
About SLAM Media Inc.
SLAM was founded as the “in your face basketball magazine,” covering all things hoop-related, from NBA, college ball and high school hoops to old-school stories, kicks, streetball and the fashion of the game. SLAM is the No. 1 dominant media outlet both in print and online for all things that matter in the world of basketball and brings the reader face to face with their favorite players. Slamonline.com also brings breaking news and rumors in real time.