EuroLeague is full of elite college basketball players who are having great careers overseas.
While everyone’s goal is the NBA, the second-best league in the world isn’t a bad fall-back option. EuroLeague is loaded with talent: About 25 percent of the players were NBA Draft picks at some point or other, and many of them were blue-chip players at top college programs.
From All-American selections to Defensive Players of the Year to all-time leading scorers at their respective schools, here are the top 10 former NCAA players in EuroLeague. And you can watch them all right here on FloHoops.
1) Nick Calathes | PG | Panathinaikos | University of Florida '09 | Memphis Grizzlies
Stats: 10.8 PTS, 9 AST, 2.5 REB
2) Kevin Pangos | PG | FC Barcelona | Gonzaga '15
Stats: 8 PTS, 3.8 AST, 1.8 REB
One of the top floor generals with the Zags and one of the best returning point guards in the EuroLeague, Pangos moved to Barcelona over the summer after two successful years with Zalgiris. That stint in Lithuania includes last year's trip to the Final Four. Now in Spain, Pangos aims to make Barcelona a worthy opponent of their fierce rivals Real Madrid.
3) Mike James | PG | Armani Milan | Lamar University '12 | New Orleans Pelicans
Stats: 20.3 PTS, 6.3 AST, 2 REB
James leads, frankly, one of the most fun teams in the EuroLeague in AC Milan. Through the early stages of the competition the Italian side look like a potential team, thanks in large part to the explosive antics of James, who, through four games, is averaging more than 20 points per outing.
4) Shane Larkin | PG | Anadolu Efes | University of Miami '13 | Boston Celtics
Stats: 6.8 PTS, 3 AST, 1.5 REB
5) Kyle Hines | C | CSKA Moscow | University of North Carolina at Greensboro '08
Stats: 9.5 PTS, 4.3 REB, 1 AST
6) Cory Higgins | SG | CSKA Moscow | University of Colorado '11 | Charlotte Hornets
Stats: 15.5 PTS, 3 REB, 1.5 AST
CSKA Moscow are always one of the top threats in EuroLeague — they sit atop the standings right now next to Real Madrid — and their duo of Hines and Higgins is one of the main reasons why. The two Americans provide plenty of athleticism and punch on this loaded, experienced team.
7) Scottie Wilbekin | PG | Maccabi Tel Aviv | University of Florida '14
Stats: 20.7 PTS, 6 AST, 3 REB
8) Anthony Randolph | PF | Real Madrid | Louisiana State University '08 | Denver Nuggets
Stats: 15.8 PTS, 5.5 REB, 1.5 AST
9) Keith Langford | SG | Panathinaikos | University of Kansas '05 | San Antonino Spurs
Stats: 15 PTS, 1.5 REB, 0.8 AST
Where hasn't Langford played? The former Kansas Jayhawk is still ballin', and he's still doing it well. He's played in China, Israel, Italy, and right here in Austin, Texas — where FloHoops is headquartered — and now he's in Greece with a solid Panathinaikos team. If he can maintain this scoring mark he'll give the Greek side a palpable boost.
10) Chris Singleton | PF | FC Barcelona | Florida State University '11 | Washington Wizards
Stats: 11.8 PTS, 5 REB, 0.8 AST
Bonus: Bronson Koenig | G | Mornar Bar | Wisconsin '17
The former Badger star may be best remembered for his insane corner three-pointer that sent Wisconsin to the Sweet 16 back in 2016. After going undrafted Koenig bounced around a couple NBA training camps, although he never made a final roster. He eventually signed with Mornar Bar, a top team in Montenegro, who plays in the EuroCup.
Make sure to catch all of these guys right here on FloHoops in the EuroLeague and EuroCup.
Austin Green is an international journalist and scout covering EuroLeague and NBA prospects in Europe and Australia. You can follow him on Twitter @LosCrossovers.